A quick post today to let you all know we are officially in the TTW!
I finally got my peak on both the Clearbl.ue and a normal OPK on CD23 with Fertili.ty Frie.nd putting my ovulation at CD24 which is in the normal range for me.
I am eating a piece of pineapple core from 1DPO-5DPO this cycle. Not sure if it really works or if it is just an old wives tale but hey it can’t hurt.
As of today I am officially 2DPO and now we wait….and wait… and wait!
Just a quick stop to let you all know how this cycle is going.
Well it is now CD18 & still no ovulation! That smiley face keeps blinking at me every single day- I have been testing for 5 days now.
We are inseminating every other day until I get a solid smiley in which case we will do it twice that day. So far we have had 3 donations which is really good as normally we only get about 3 in each cycle.
I know during the time we had off I still should of tracked my cycle but it was so nice to take a break and not worry or stress about it.
Also, I am thinking about writing a how to post on how we inseminate at home.
Hi everyone 🙂
I’m back for another post this week!
As I wrote in the previous post I am currently waiting for Ovulation. I have been using the digital Clearbl.ue ovulation tests- I am in Australia and unsure if you have these overseas? Let me know in the comments if you do and if you have used these. If not here is a link to the website ->Clearbl.ue Digital Ovulation tests
Pretty much you pee on the stick and if a circle comes up it means low fertility, a flashing smile means high fertility and a solid smile means peak fertility. From about CD10 I was checking once a day at 2pm but as of today (as its CD14) I decided to check at 10am and 2pm. Well at 10am I peed on the stick and expected the usual circle but I got a flashing smile! I contacted our donor and he is happy to do x1 donation a day until the solid smile. When the solid smile comes up we will inseminate twice that day and the next. Fingers crossed we only have to do this once this year!
I have also upped my water intake and will be spending the day researching anything to aid conception (room temperature water??). And I am not sure if I have mentioned it before but I have started yoga and meditation classes- initially it wasn’t for fertility but I am sure it will be good for conception.
I will keep you updated with our donations over the next coming days, wish us luck!
Well after a 3 month hiatus (longer than originally thought) I am back and we are officially TTC again.
Originally we were only taking 1 month off but we ended up taking 3! As I mentioned previously our donor and his partner went away on holiday (a one month long holiday), we then had ur eldest foster daughters 4th birthday, Christmas, New Years, Ts 30th birthday (lots of family traveled interstate for this), my best friend came to town and stayed for a fortnight, and our donor came back to town but moved house… So as you can probably imagine we were busy.
I am now CD10 and waiting for Ovulation. I went and bought the Clearbl.ue digital ovulation test (I used these the first cycle we tried but haven’t since then). I used it for the first time today and got the low sign of a solid circle- which is fine as we want that to obtain the baseline. Now I will keep testing everyday so we don’t miss it. I have also decided this cycle to give up caffeine- eek! Fingers crossed this is the first and only time we have to do this for 2017.
Also for the last 10 weeks we have had a baby (foster child) staying with us. He is nearly 10months old and such a happy baby. At the moment we have 3 foster children. Our eldest who just celebrated her 4th birthday has been with us the longest and will be staying with us permanently. We have also decided that when I fall pregnant we will go back to just having Miss 4 with us as 3 kids can be stressful- the other two are on short term arrangements.
I am glad to be back and will be posting updates regularly 🙂
I thought I would do a get to know me tag as a way to 1. get to know me and 2. pass the time during this 2ww (3 more days until my period is due!).
So here goes…
- Zodiac sign? Libra.
- Age? 27.
- Do you have a middle name? Yes and its a VERY old name.
- How tall are you? Not very.
- Relationship status? Married or in legal terms De facto.
- How many piercings? 8.
- How many tattoos? 5.
- Siblings? I am the eldest of 3 girls (Fun Fact: Me and one of my sisters are the same age for 10 days of the year)
- Favourite season? Summer.
- Have you been out of the country? If so where? Yes, I have spent time in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa (twice), Hawaii, Fiji, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia.
- Furthest you have ever travelled? Either Hawaii or South Africa.
- Favourite drink? Peach iced tea.
- Favourite food? In no particular order: Chicken, Cheese and Salt & Vinegar chips.
- What would you name your children? Not telling… yet! 😉
- How many children do you want? 2 or 3.
- Favourite colour? Rainbow!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A nurse/ midwife 😀
- Favourite holiday? Christmas.
- Favourite movie? I love so many movies but off the top of my head: Silver Linings Playbook and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
- Favourite TV show? I really like watching TV lol but some of my favourites would be: Xena, Call the Midwife, Reign, Girls, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Wentworth and Sex and the City (But I really do love TV and love so many different shows).
- Favourite book series? Probably The Hunger Games (Fun Fact: I have never read Harry Potter and only saw the movies for the first time a year ago).
- Can you cook? Nooooo and its not even that I don’t like it! I would love to be able to cook but I am honestly so bad at it. I get bored so fast too.
- Do you prefer the beach, city or the wilderness? The beach!
- Cats or dogs? Cats (But I do love both! I just prefer cats).
- Whats one thing people don’t know about you? Well no one knows that I am currently trying to have a baby!
So I am in that awful 2ww between ovulation and aunt flow showing up. I am trying so hard this cycle not to symptom spot but am failing quite miserably at it!
Some days I feel so confident that yep this is our month I am going to see those two pink lines on the pregnancy test. But then other days I don’t feel as confident. I doubt myself, I doubt our process, I doubt how many times we did it, I even doubt if we did it on the right days! Sometimes this whole process can really mess with your head.
Our donor goes away the first week of December for a whole month so we won’t be able to try again until January if it doesn’t work this month. I am 5 days away from aunt flow being due and I am just hoping and hoping that I get a positive pregnancy test.
Because I am terrible at not symptom spotting or worrying if we are pregnant or not I have decided that I need things to distract myself. So I am a few episodes into a show I found on Netflix called The 100, which I am pretty sure has been around for awhile and I am just behind times. I am also reading the Throne of Glass book series by Sarah J. Maas. I am on the second book and loving it (this book series has also been around for awhile and again I am behind times). I haven’t read a “real” book in ages. I am at school and for the last two years have only read textbooks but I am currently on end of year break so able to finally read all the real books! Oh wow, that did just help in distracting me!
Until next time,
We are currently in cycle 4- 3 inseminations down with 1 more to go.
I am feeling really positive about this cycle, actually more positive then I have been throughout this whole process.
We have changed things up, tried new and different things.
Whats different about this cycle:
- I started using pre seed.
- I have been using a Lunette (Moon, Diva, etc) cup 20 mins after insemination.
- I have been trying to stress less so have been doing meditation each day.
- I am really focusing on and envisioning ourselves with a little baby.
- I am seeing babies and pregnant women EVERYWHERE.
- One of our inseminations was on the Supermoon night which I believe to be a good sign!
- We will be doing more inseminations then usual.
- We started inseminating earlier than normal.
I really hope that all these different things/ changes help me conceive this month. I would love to be able to tell my mum that I am having her first grandchild on Christmas Day. What a wonderful present it would be.
Well I am off to focus on conception. We have one more insemination to go and then we are done for this cycle.
Fingers and toes crossed!