Today I am 15 weeks pregnant. We finally got our very first BFP on cycle 6 doing at home insemination’s. This post is all about the first 15 weeks.
I first tested at 10DPO and got a BFN, however, I had some slight body changes so decided to test again on 12DPO and got my first BFP. It was very exciting and I actually cried when I saw that second line.
I experienced horrible
morning all day sickness the first 14 weeks but now at 15 weeks I feel like it has settled down.
We had our first midwife appointment at 8 weeks but it was just a general appointment with paper work. Our first scan was a week or so later and we got to see the heart beat for the first time (we still haven’t heard it though!).
At 12 weeks and 6 days we had our second ultrasound. The baby had a perfect heart beat above 160bpm and was moving around and kicking me (although I couldn’t feel anything).
After this ultrasound we decided to announce our news on Facebo.ok (we had already told our immediate family and close friends). I also let my work know the next day who were very happy for me.
Here is how we announced on Facebo.ok-
The only problem I have is I can’t get in contact with my midwife. I have been calling for the last 2 weeks trying to get an appointment after our first 2 scans and she is either not at work or away. I haven’t seen her since the first appointment at 8 weeks and now I am in my 2nd trimester. I am honestly thinking about requesting a new midwife. I called again this morning and left another message for her to call me so let’s see if she does!
I can’t wait to find out the gender (although I feel like it is a girl!).
Good luck to all those trying for their BFP with at home insemination’s. Patience and timing are the key’s in this journey 🙂
As you can see by the title we are pregnant! Here is a photo of how I shared the news with T.
Another post is coming with all the details 🙂
We decided to try at home insemination again this cycle.
I started POAS on an OPK on CD17. I thought for sure I wasn’t going to ovulate until between CD22-CD24 as recently my cycles have been quite long. Something told me to POAS and it came up negative but I had a feeling to call our donor and ask for an insemination that night. I can’t explain it but I just knew we had to. The next day was a Friday morning (CD18) and while on my morning break at work (about 10am) I decided to POAS again and it was positive! I couldn’t believe it as I had previously had such long cycles. So of course I took another at 1130am (positive) and 3pm (positive)- Just had to make sure lol.
We inseminated again that night. Saturday morning (CD19) about 10am I took another and it was positive again so we inseminated that day about 3pm. I also had cramps this day that started about midday.
Sunday (CD20) comes and I had another positive OPK. So we inseminated that night.
Monday (CD21) and finally a negative OPK. Although we did inseminate (just to be sure lol).
I believe I ovulated on the Saturday (CD19) just because it was 24hrs after the first positive OPK and I had cramps also. But Fertili.ty Frie.nd put my ovulation at CD20 (the day after). So I don’t know. I actually didn’t temp this cycle as I wasn’t even sure if we would go ahead this cycle and also I always forget to do it lol!
So we are in the TWW again. I am either 4DPO or 3DPO and we got 5 donations this cycle.
Fingers crossed x
A quick post today to let you all know we are officially in the TTW!
I finally got my peak on both the Clearbl.ue and a normal OPK on CD23 with Fertili.ty Frie.nd putting my ovulation at CD24 which is in the normal range for me.
I am eating a piece of pineapple core from 1DPO-5DPO this cycle. Not sure if it really works or if it is just an old wives tale but hey it can’t hurt.
As of today I am officially 2DPO and now we wait….and wait… and wait!
Just a quick stop to let you all know how this cycle is going.
Well it is now CD18 & still no ovulation! That smiley face keeps blinking at me every single day- I have been testing for 5 days now.
We are inseminating every other day until I get a solid smiley in which case we will do it twice that day. So far we have had 3 donations which is really good as normally we only get about 3 in each cycle.
I know during the time we had off I still should of tracked my cycle but it was so nice to take a break and not worry or stress about it.
Also, I am thinking about writing a how to post on how we inseminate at home.
Well after a 3 month hiatus (longer than originally thought) I am back and we are officially TTC again.
Originally we were only taking 1 month off but we ended up taking 3! As I mentioned previously our donor and his partner went away on holiday (a one month long holiday), we then had ur eldest foster daughters 4th birthday, Christmas, New Years, Ts 30th birthday (lots of family traveled interstate for this), my best friend came to town and stayed for a fortnight, and our donor came back to town but moved house… So as you can probably imagine we were busy.
I am now CD10 and waiting for Ovulation. I went and bought the Clearbl.ue digital ovulation test (I used these the first cycle we tried but haven’t since then). I used it for the first time today and got the low sign of a solid circle- which is fine as we want that to obtain the baseline. Now I will keep testing everyday so we don’t miss it. I have also decided this cycle to give up caffeine- eek! Fingers crossed this is the first and only time we have to do this for 2017.
Also for the last 10 weeks we have had a baby (foster child) staying with us. He is nearly 10months old and such a happy baby. At the moment we have 3 foster children. Our eldest who just celebrated her 4th birthday has been with us the longest and will be staying with us permanently. We have also decided that when I fall pregnant we will go back to just having Miss 4 with us as 3 kids can be stressful- the other two are on short term arrangements.
I am glad to be back and will be posting updates regularly 🙂
I thought I would do a get to know me tag as a way to 1. get to know me and 2. pass the time during this 2ww (3 more days until my period is due!).
So here goes…
- Zodiac sign? Libra.
- Age? 27.
- Do you have a middle name? Yes and its a VERY old name.
- How tall are you? Not very.
- Relationship status? Married or in legal terms De facto.
- How many piercings? 8.
- How many tattoos? 5.
- Siblings? I am the eldest of 3 girls (Fun Fact: Me and one of my sisters are the same age for 10 days of the year)
- Favourite season? Summer.
- Have you been out of the country? If so where? Yes, I have spent time in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, South Africa (twice), Hawaii, Fiji, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia.
- Furthest you have ever travelled? Either Hawaii or South Africa.
- Favourite drink? Peach iced tea.
- Favourite food? In no particular order: Chicken, Cheese and Salt & Vinegar chips.
- What would you name your children? Not telling… yet! 😉
- How many children do you want? 2 or 3.
- Favourite colour? Rainbow!
- What do you want to be when you grow up? A nurse/ midwife 😀
- Favourite holiday? Christmas.
- Favourite movie? I love so many movies but off the top of my head: Silver Linings Playbook and Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
- Favourite TV show? I really like watching TV lol but some of my favourites would be: Xena, Call the Midwife, Reign, Girls, How I Met Your Mother, Glee, Wentworth and Sex and the City (But I really do love TV and love so many different shows).
- Favourite book series? Probably The Hunger Games (Fun Fact: I have never read Harry Potter and only saw the movies for the first time a year ago).
- Can you cook? Nooooo and its not even that I don’t like it! I would love to be able to cook but I am honestly so bad at it. I get bored so fast too.
- Do you prefer the beach, city or the wilderness? The beach!
- Cats or dogs? Cats (But I do love both! I just prefer cats).
- Whats one thing people don’t know about you? Well no one knows that I am currently trying to have a baby!